Gluten-Free Confidence Score: 9/10
Regular canned tuna is gluten-free. The only thing you need to be careful about when eating prepackaged tuna products is if it is a “flavored” or a “meal kit” type of product.
For example, all Chicken of the Sea tuna products are gluten-free except for
• Tuna Salad Lunch Solutions Kit
• Tuna Salad Kits (foodservice sizes)
• Smoked Teriyaki Oysters
• Coastal Cuisine Tuna in a Ginger Sauce With Rice
• Coastal Cuisine Tuna in a Light Pineapple Sauce With Rice
• Coastal Cuisine Tuna in a Teriyaki Sauce With Rice
and all Starkist tuna products are gluten-free except for:
- Tuna Creations® Herb & Garlic contains wheat and barley.
- The crackers in the StarKist Lunch to-Go® and Tuna Salad Lunch to-Go®